Sports physiotherapy deals with addressing, diagnosing, and treating athletic and other sports related injuries. The physiotherapists in Perth use different injury management and prevention strategies to keep the athletes performing at their best all year round.
Is Sports and Normal Physiotherapy Different?
Sports injuries are different from other physical injuries, and can occur around high-use areas or with sport related contact. The repetitive nature of sports injuries mean specific structures are stressed on a continual basis.
Sports physiotherapy in Perth involves different treatment methods and strategies to best suit an athlete’s needs and performance goals. The physiotherapists can treat and manage athletes of all skill levels and are keen to help you achieve maximal performance and get you back training as soon as possible. They treat current sports injuries with utmost care and prevent potential injuries from recurring. They treat injuries and get an athlete back to peak condition as soon as safely possible. Some physiotherapists guide an athlete as they undertake training and return to competition after an injury.
SportsMed Subiaco, the leading physio in Perth possess additional skills including, ‘
– Sports-specific assessment and examinations
– Superior myofascial treatment techniques
– Adept muscle recruitment strategies
– Advanced exercise prescription & late-stage rehabilitation
– Periodisation planning
– Biomechanical knowledge of optimal technique
– Video analysis & technique correction
– Monitoring of training loads
– Injury prevention screenings
– Goal setting advice
– Frequent and comprehensive liaison with coaching staff, strength & conditioning trainers, sports psychologists and nutritionists
They also devise and plan various strength & conditioning, weight training programs that helps you to increase muscle mass, muscle power, strength and endurance, speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness. They also have additional expertise in the assessment and management of sporting injuries among people who participate at a high level of sport, have a large training load or volume, or simply enjoy competing at amateur or social levels.
The treatment options for sports physiotherapy includes,
– Manual therapy such as massage and joint mobilisation
– Thermal treatment such as heat or cold therapy
– Exercise, flexibility, and mobility program
– Reloading strategies
– Biomechanical analysis and correction
– Strapping, taping, or bracing
Are you experiencing pain or decreased function with your training? No matter what level of fitness or competitiveness you have, Perth physiotherapy helps you to get back to your sports routine in no time. Get in touch with your sports physio in Perth for more information.
The author of this article is a leading sports physiotherapist in Perth with over two decades of experience in the industry. In this article, he explains the importance of sports physiotherapy. Visit https://www.sportsmedsubiaco.com.au/ for more information.