Traveling to the beautiful island of Maui? Whatever be the reason, business or vacation, you can enjoy a lot with what the island has to offer. The very thing you’ll look for, after checking out from the airport is the cheap, affordable quality car rental. You’ll end up spending a lot of money on car rentals is you’re new to the island. To make your trip easier and little more economic, here we mention six tips on how to save on Maui airport car rentals:
• Reserve sooner rather than later: When you’re sure to visit Maui, get your tickets and book your accommodation. The next important thing is to get a good car. So as soon as you’re done with the tickets, start looking for car rental companies and book a car according to your convenience. There are chances that you might get the car at cheaper rates rather than booking it at the eleventh hour.
• Rent a car at the off-airport location: Usually, people rent a car at the on-airport location. But booking a car at the off-airport location is a better idea. For that, you need to take a taxi to the location and then get a car. But saving some money is worth this much effort. You’ll get car rentals at a very cheap rate there and you can enjoy your day with extra money in your hands.
• Look for deals and get the cheapest one: When you’re done with your travel tickets and accommodation, the very next thing has to be a cheap, affordable quality car rental! So, check available deals and book the cheapest car you get. Make sure that the car rental company you reserve with, charges no cancelation fees. Your job doesn’t finish here. Keep an eye on the upcoming deals of the company by visiting the website every 3 to 4 days. The moment you get a cheaper deal as compared to the one that you used, cancel the previous booking and use the new deal. This way, you’ll get to avail the cheapest deal possible that too without any charges.
• Choose Economy cars: Very firstly, you have to choose an appropriate car for yourself. This decision depends on various factors including your luggage, number of people and most importantly, your budget. You know your budget and you’ll get the information for number of people and luggage in the vehicle details. Many cars are available such as the economy, mid-size, compact, full-size, standard, convertible and jeep wranglers. However, economy cars are considered to be the cheapest. So, if other factors permit, go for economy cars.
• Avoid GPS rentals: When you ask for cars with GPS functions, they charge you a lot more. This definitely makes your ride more comfortable and safe. But you can have the same comfort and safety without paying extra! Be smart in this world of technology and use your smartphone to make your trip easier. Get a new sim and a data plan in your phone and use the map functions. This will charge you a lot less as compared to the charges of GPS rentals.
• Return the car with gasoline more than 1/4 tank: Car rental companies ask for a minimum of 1/4 tank when you return the car. The vehicle is more prone to damages when running on less than 1/4 tank. So, the rule has been made to avoid this kind of situation. Companies charge an extra fee on the violation of this rule. You can avoid extra expenses by keeping in mind such simple things.
There are many Maui airport car rental companies and you’ll have many choices. You have to be smart enough to get a Cheap affordable quality car rentals so that you don’t end up spending too much. These simple tips can help you save a good money and enjoy your trip with no later regrets.